Cirencester Park Polo Club was founded in 1894 under the 7th Earl Bathurst and remains within the heart of The Bathurst Estate with arguably the finest scenic back drops in the sport. The present 9th Earl Bathurst remains as the Club’s President.
It is the oldest polo club in the country and started modestly with just two grounds. It was not until 1909 that Lord Bathurst gave permission for the world famous Ivy Lodge grounds to be ‘boarded’, with another ground shortly being added, making four. In 2008 such was the demand and need, another three grounds were built and the Club now has an enviable seven grounds on which to enjoy the magnificent game.